What is threadless jewellery?
Threadless piercing jewellery is an easy to use, push/pull fit style of body jewellery. Simply bend the pin on the attachment and push into the hollow shaft of your jewellery. The curvature of the pin will hold the attachment securely in place by way of tension.
Threadless jewellery consists of two parts: an attachment top featuring a straight pin, and a piercing jewellery stem (such as a labret) with a hollow internal shaft.
Not only is threadless body jewellery easy to fit, it has the added benefit of internally-threaded jewellery in that it can glide more easily through your piercing.
How To Prepare Your Threadless Jewellery
WARNING! Do not wear your jewellery whilst following the instructions below.
1. Position half of the pin inside the hollow shaft of your jewellery, leaving the other half of the pin exposed.
2. Press the pin sideways to create a bend about halfway down. Don't bend too much to begin with - you only want a slight bend which you can adjust later.
3. Push the pin fully into the hollow shaft of your jewellery stem. You should feel some resistance, which is correct.
4. If the fit feels too loose, remove the attachment and repeat steps 1) to 3). If the fit feels too tight, lessen the bend on the pin by pressing it in the opposite direction. The aim is to achieve a curvature on the pin which will hold the attachment securely in place by way of tension. The bigger the bend, the tighter the fit.
5. To remove the attachment, hold both the stem and the attachment, and pull apart.
6. Once you are happy that the fit is secure, you can insert your jewellery into your piercing and push the attachment into it.
View all Threadless Body Jewellery here